Arewa youth coalition finally withdraws quit notice to Igbos

The Coalition of Northern Youth Groups (CNYG) has finally withdrawn the quit notice given to Igbos in the north

The groups had in June 6, 2017 issued quit notice to Igbos to vacate the region by October 1.

The coalition said that the quit notice it issued was in response to the breakaway agitation by Igbos under the auspices of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) led by Nnamdi Kanu

The Coalition of Northern Youth Groups (CNYG) has withdrawn the “quit notice” issued Nigerians of the Igbo extraction to leave the 19 Northern states by October 1.

The CNYG’s decision to withdraw the quit notice followed series of meetings with numerous stakeholders, TVC has reported.

NAIJ.com gathered that the Arewa youths had been engaged in series of meetings with eminent stakeholders in the country in frantic moves to prevail on them to rescind their decision.

The coalition had said the quit notice, issued on Tuesday, June 6, 2017 in Kaduna, was in response to the breakaway agitation by Igbos under the auspices of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) led by Nnamdi Kanu.

Credit NAIJ.COM

Facebook Comments

Check Also

Ekiti election is a triumph of peoples’ will

2018 EKITI STATE GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION OUTCOME AS A TRIUMPH OF THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE ...

“We are not part of Employment slavery”Association of Recruiters License Placement Agents of Nigeria,ARLPAN declares

Sequel to the ongoing unconfirmed rumours that is been spread by various unauthorized individual and ...