In his unbridled desire to elevate and permanently put Ondo State out of the undesirable status of “A Civil Service State ” the Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, today inaugurated the technical committee on Olokola Free Trade Zone. The committee headed by the former NNPC boss, Engineer Funso Kupolokun will among other things look into the:
1. Review of all work that has been done to date on planning & implementation of OK-FTZ and determine the current status of all the activities and make recommendations as appropriate.
2. Review and assess the corporate structures for the operation and management of the OK-FTZ and the mechanism for interfacing between Ondo and Ogun States and with the Nigerian Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA).
3. Review and assess state of infrastructures in the zone, as regards roads, waterways, electricity, v water and communication.
4. Review the security situation and make recommendations on the security measures that will guarantee that Olokola is a safe environment to work and live.
5. Identify key projects that can act as lychpin for takev off of the Zone and make recommendations on actions that should be taken to enable them to commence activities.
6. Review and make recommendations on the land lease to OK-LNG in view of stoppage of work on the project.
7. Submit to government a work plan for the reactivation of the Olokola Free Trade Zone Project.
Also, the committee is to look at, and review the process that led to the birth of Owena Oil and Gas Limited and Owena Energy Ltd.
Other members of the committee includes: Dr Deji Oyedele, Chief Akin Aruwajoye, Engr Funsho Esan, Mr Niyi Adegbonmire,SAN, Mr Juwon Falope, Dr Femi Coker, Mr Oluwafemi Akarakiri. Mr Jones Abiodun will act as secretary.
The Deputy Governor, Arakunrin Alfred Agboola Ajayi who stood in for the Governor said members of the committee were carefully selected. He charged the traditional rulers of the host communities to go back home and talk to their youths to allow a peaceful atmosphere, where the cardinal programmes of this administration could be achieved.
The chairman of the committee while reacting on behalf of the members said Governor Akeredolu has taken the right steps. Noting that creating a conducive environment for industrialization was the way to go for any serious government