The news of the outbreak of Cerebrospinal Meningitis in the Country and the apathetic attitude of both the Zamfara State and Federal Government to curtail the Scourge is disheartening and preposterous.
2. For the record, the primary responsibility of any government is to protect the lives and property of its citizens and the APC led Government has remain insensitive, careless and adamant to the plight of Nigerians in all ramification.
3. This Government wasted so much funds on the State House Clinic with no tangible result but neglected other health centers and clinics across the Country that have capacities to manage the health challenges of other Nigerians.
4. As of Tuesday, April 4, 2017, about 336 Nigerians have lost their lives due to the outbreak of type C Cerebrospinal Meningitis and the Federal Ministry of Health has not taken any concrete step to contend with the spread. It is on record that the PDP Government in sixteen years did not allow such mindless display of insensitivity as seen by this APC Administration.
5. More worrisome is the Statement credited to the Governor of Zamfara State, Alh. Abdullaziz Yari in which he attributed the outbreak of Meningitis to God’s making. This is shameful and very unfortunate as the APC has run out of reasons to blame previous PDP administration but it’s now blaming God for its failures.
6. Governor Yari should not blame God for his failures but that of his Party, the APC, to avoid incurring God’s anger on their crass ineptitude in governance. However, we wish to advise him to resign immediately for making such statement as a state Governor and the Chairman of Governors Forum who is supposed to bring hope to the people and not despair.
7. Finally, we call on the Federal Government of Nigeria to stop playing politics with this outbreak and do everything within its power to end the menace. As a Party, our heart goes to the families of all those that lost their lives to the scourge within this period. We urge all Nigerians to drink more water, sleep in a ventilated environment and report symptoms to the nearest health center within their areas for quick medical attention.
God bless Nigeria! God bless the PDP!!
Prince Dayo Adeyeye
National Publicity Secretary, PDP NCC