APC accuses Mimiko of selling Ondo assets to cronies

By Samuel Faleye, Akure
The Ondo State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has accused outgoing governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko of secret recruitment of workers into ministries and parastatals in the state.
A statement by the Publicity Secretary of APC in Ondo Sstate, Mr Abayomi Adesanya, made this known to newsmen on Friday in Akure also alleged that the move was to ambush the incoming APC government.
According to the statement, letters of appointment issued are being back-dated while Governor Mimiko is also selling government properties to cronies.
“We have been adequately informed of the unholy and unpatriotic dealings of the outgoing Gov. Olusegun Mimiko, by secretly employing over 10,000 people into all the ministries, parastatals and agencies in the state, especially Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko (AAUA).
“This is in a bid to create problems and complexity for the incoming administration of APC when his eight years tenancy in Alagbaka Government House, ends in Feb. 2017. Mr Mimiko has been recruiting massively into the Health Sector, Local Governments, Education Ministry, among others.
“Properties of the State Oil Palm Plantation at Okitipupa, Irele, Araromi-Obu are being sold at give-away prices to the governor’s allies.
“Specifically, we are aware that one Mercedes Benz lorry, popularly called 9/11, was sold for just one hundred thousand Naira only (N100,000),’’ the statement alleged.
The statement further alleged that government landed properties were also being sold and shared among some politicians without due process.
It alleged that several government vehicles had been driven away and were kept in various mechanics’ workshops across the state and neighbouring states, with registration number removed.
The party, therefore, urged senior civil servants in all the ministries and departments not to get involved in any sharp practice, adding that incoming government would deal with any corrupt act.
“The party also cautions the heads of ministries and parastatals, especially permanent secretaries and directors, not to be part of these untoward acts, as full investigations and probe will be launched.
“Appropriate action would be taken when APC government takes over the reins of power by February, 2017,’’ the statement said.
Reacting, the State Commissioner for Information, Mr Kayode Akinmade, said the allegation was a “total falsehood aim at misinforming the public’’.
“For political consideration, government did not reduce the workforce. We have done everything to reduce wages due to the economic situation in the country.
“Anybody who is talking about secret recruitment and selling of government properties is alien to the structure of government; moreover not at the wee hours of this administration,’’ Akinmade said.

Facebook Comments

Check Also

Former Vice President, Alex Ekwueme is dead

It was a very sad news for the country last Night Sunday, 20th November, 2017 ...

Time to build a new world – Obiano

TIME TO BUILD A NEW WORLD… Being the text of the Acceptance Speech by the ...