Victor Moses to be dropped from Nigeria’s Olympics squad

Victor Moses might be excluded from Nigeria’s squad to this year’s Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, as “a corrective measure”.

Moses opted out of last month’s friendly matches against Mali and Luxembourg, a decision that did not impress senior officials at the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

The Chelsea forward was pencilled down as one of the three over-aged players on Samson Siasia’s provisional list for the Olympics, but he could now be left out.

“It is as I said before, his withdrawal from those games (against Mali and Luxembourg) made us unhappy and it wasn’t the first time he was doing it,” a top official told AfricanFootball.com.

“And now his name is on the Olympic Games list, but I’m not sure he will make it because we need to take some corrective measures for these players to understand the importance of playing for Nigeria.”

 

Facebook Comments

Check Also

Kano to offset Super Eagles bill as team storms state

Nigeria’s Home Based Super Eagles on Monday stormed Kano to commence preparations for their away ...

Amos Adamu lauds CAF over more slots for AFCON

A former CAF Executive Committee member, Amos Adamu, on Sunday said increasing the number of ...