I am sorry – Dokpesi begs Tinubu
Bola Tinubu, the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has acceptedÂ an open regret from chairman of DAAR Communication Plc, Chief Raymond Dokpesi.
Read the settlementÂ below:
â€œFurther to the terms of settlement in Suit No: ID/196GCMW/2015 between Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Daar Communications Plc filed as a result of the broadcast of a documentary titled â€˜Lion of Bourdilonâ€™ and which terms were adopted at the High Court of Lagos State onÂ 5th February, 2016Â as the judgment of the court, the defendant, Daar. Communication Plc, hereby retract and apologies to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as follows;
1. Daar Communications Plc, acknowledges that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is an outstanding. Political leader of unblemished character and integrity, as well as a leading public figure and opinion moulder who has made and continues to make immense, colossal and gargantuan contributions to the progress and development of the nation in general. And Lagos State in particular.
2. Daar Communication Plc admits that in airing the said documentary, it had no intention whatsoever to embarrass or diminish theÂ high reputation of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu which it respects and attests to.
3. Daar Communications Plc hereby makes a public and unequivocal retraction of the said documentary titled â€˜Lion of Bourdilonâ€™, which was broadcast on its television station,Â AIT.
4. Daar Communications Plc hereby tenders unreserved apology to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for the broadcast of the documentary on its television station, AIT.
5. Daar Communications Plc prays that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu will live long to make more enormous contributions to the advancement of our nation, Nigeria, Lagos State and the world at large.â€
The film was aired in the peak of the presidential campaign. The television company of Dokpesi was then supporting the re-election bid of the ex-president Goodluck Jonathan, while Tinubuâ€™s party, the APC was vigorously campaigning for Muhammadu Buhari, who won the poll.